Friday, March 26, 2010

buy a round of hellos

I've been meaning to start a blog for a long time, now. It's silly, really, that it's taken this long--it's the same with my American Civilization papers. Hours of procrastination turned into minutes of writing to actually create something useful. It's funny how life seems to follow that pattern more often than not.

I'm still riding an Against Me! craze. The thing is, I ride this wave every single time I listen to them. I suppose music is my preferred drug, and as long as it doesn't serve to make me worse, I'll continue to go back and take another hit when I need it.

Why is it always easier to waste hours of time instead of constructing beautiful symphonies, canvases, or other masterpieces? Perhaps it's that old adage of us not really fearing failure, but fearing our success far more than we'll ever be willing to admit to ourselves.

Anyway, hello blog world. This is me.

3 comments:

  1. Bekki welcome to bloggy land... between Face book and blogging you'll be kept busy. Not sure what I like better. My icon is a picture of the Regina Temple. If you Google you find lots of designs for your template.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carolyne! I think of these mediums as two different things: blogging as a way to rant and release my thoughts and emotions, facebook as way to keep in touch and hear from those I love.

    I think I'm going to ask my friend Michelle to customize my blog so it's all pretty, so we'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beki, yeah, you know you should talk to me about customizing it :) I actually need to write again in my own blog, and customize a design for that -- the one I had created wasn't working in Firefox so I just reverted back to a blogger standard, and it's boooooooooring.

    ReplyDelete